I Must be Nuts!

for a long time, we’ve had QUILT to keep us company. when i said, ‘us’, i’m mostly referring to the english-speaking bae-fans.

for many of us, it was quite possibly one of our first bae-sites and was probably one of those that we’d chosen to keep returning to. joanne was tireless when it came to sharing and translating news, and that went on for years and years. of course, many others helped too; some for short bursts of time, and some were more ‘long-lasting’.

over the years, for many many years, it was our only source of info, and other bae-sites were just mirroring the contents on quilt. it also provided the chinese fan community news and info in english that they will, in turn, translate into chinese.

but that’s not the best quality about quilt, if you ask me. its source of info ain’t the best thing about it. to me, the spirit of quilt was always one of the greatest things about it. i’m talking about the spirit of sharing.

then one not-so-fine day, we woke up and found that we’ve lost quilt. and i’m fairly sure i ain’t just speaking for myself when i say i would sometimes find myself just trying to type in the familiar URL (conceived even before wuri yong joon got famous and adopted the so-called official romanization of his name), just hoping against hope that we would find quilt revived.

guess it’s something we have to accept, that we’ve lost quilt. then it was really (more than) as good as it had lasted. and hopefully, the friendships formed amongst bae-sisters and the spirit of sharing and of trust will not go away with the site.

although there’s still SOOMPI’s BYJ THREAD, but it’s still, somehow, not the same thing. that’s just a thread housed under a K-POP forum. it’s abit like getting a room in a hotel, if you ask me. it’s good in the sense that we’re exposing wuri yong joon and his works to non-fans.

but there’s really nothing like home, ya?

with quilt gone, there seems to be no authoritative fansite for wuri yong joon and i don’t know about you, but i feel sad. sad for us all, and sad for him. surely a mega-star like wuri yong joon MUST have a more visible international fansite? and… whilst some of you may think i’ve gone ‘astray’ over to KIM HYUN JOONG, but hey, no matter where i’ve gone to, YJ will always be special.

coz HE WAS THE ONE WHO STARTED IT ALL FOR ME.

honestly, i feel kindda sad (and even abit guilty) that i’ve gone on to create a blog and a forum for KIM HYUN JOONG, but i didn’t do anything for YJ when we lost quilt. it’s always been nagging at me at the back of my head, and i even spoke with the JOONSFAMILY gals a couple of months ago about wanting to takeover that name to rebuild the site and stuff. but along the way, i ran into abit of ‘technical glitches’ and then i got swamped with work and couldn’t carry on in a timely fahsion.

then yesterday (2010.08.28), i was just totally restless for whatever reasons. maybe it’s his birthday, or maybe it was how i saw that the bae-sisters were still celebrating his birthday year after year. or maybe i was struck by how the SgTriples were preparing for the arrival of SS501’s maknae. anyway, i just felt rather bothered about things, and started tinkling with the JF site, but again, i ran into ‘technical issues’ which could not be resolved immediately. besides, that backend was on a platform that i ain’t familiar with, and there ain’t time enough for me to read and pick up.

why the rush, you’re asking?

coz i was burning up with the desire of wanting a site up for him before the end of his birthday!

so, guess what? at close to 11pm, i shot an email to my ‘partner-in-crime’, TOMATO99 and asked her some quick questions. in less than an hour’s time, we had decided and bought a domain name (yes, this one, keke!) and i had gone on to work on building a basic site up. (yea, we’d bought the domain name at 12-plus, korean time, so technically it was bought on 29th aug, keke! (me likes!)

forgive me if it looks spartan and bone-thin now, but it was less than 24 hours and i had tried my best. well, if my best ain’t good enough for you, then that’s just too bad. at least i had tried, instead of just sitting around moping over the loss of quilt. i will build on the other parts progressively, and yes, our dear tomato99 will be helping me man this site as well.

we would really really love it if you could help make this site more interactive by leaving comments, and also by helping to spread the word for us, okie? there will be other things and also projects that we will be seeking help and support for, and i sure hope that you gals will be there to lend us a hand.

meanwhile, i’d better go back to work on some more parts of the site.

20 comments for “I Must be Nuts!

1. ces
    August 30, 2010 at 1:03 AM

Hi bb,

will be here to support. :) i’ve been an invisible visitor for almost four years now–just leaving a comment every now and then. but it will be different this time.

I too feel sad about quilt and been hoping that it will be revived. i miss quilt. but we can start over right? :)

considering that you did this in less than 24 hours—wow! just amazing. thanks for all your hardwork.

2. bb ♥
    August 30, 2010 at 1:26 AM

hey ces! yea, less than 12 hours. we only bought the domain name at 11something my time, which is effectively 29th aug already (nice anniversary for the site^^)

yea, me too, very sad about quilt, and also sad about the way it’s gone too. i sure hope most of us will learn from it and note that a site cannot be maintained and supported by just a couple of people. it takes everyone’s contribution to keep it going.

hope to see you around more often too!

3. camille
    August 30, 2010 at 5:03 AM

Wow, thank you bb and tomato, you really impress me.

Congratulations for the new webby, especially for this very special day.
    You’re right bb, we’re particularly sad about the way Quilt’s gone, for me Quilt was our home during a very long time and it’s also the place where I’ve got to know so many wonderful chinggus, where I’ve learnt the spirit of sharing.

“Longue vie” to Lovebaeyongjoon.com !

4. jaime
    August 30, 2010 at 5:29 AM

Hi princess and tomato, what a wonderful surprise! This is the best gift you give us on Yong Joon’s birthday! We will have a place to gather and read about all the great things happening with Yong Joon. From now on, your site will sure be the first one I open up every morning :) Much much thanks for doing this for us!

love & hugs …. jaime

5. bb ♥
    August 30, 2010 at 6:02 AM

hey jaime! know what? you ain’t the only surprised one.

i’m sure tomato and i were just as surprised that the site’s up ^^ ask us on friday or even saturday (up till 11pm), we still had no idea at all that this was gonna happen.

but know what? i think i’m glad it happened ^^

6. bb ♥
    August 30, 2010 at 6:04 AM

camille!
    much thanks! you’re very quick to pop by and leave me such kind and supportive words (as ever!)

yea, quilt’s really special for many of us. just as wuri yong joon is. even for those who have since moved on to other actors, YJ is still special, coz he’s the one who started it all for alot of us^^

7. vegas
    August 30, 2010 at 6:45 AM

HI bb and tomato!

What a wonderful day to celebrate the opening of this great place for the Bae Family. While Quilt will be missed by us all, I hope everyone will gather here to continue our love and support for our dear BYJ and for us to continue as a family. Looking forward to many many years of sharing together. All the Best!!

8. joonbaby
    August 30, 2010 at 9:53 AM

hello bb and tomato :-)

You ladies sure work super fast. congratulations. really appreciates all the sharing by both of you throughout the years no matter in what forms. All the news no matter how insignificant also meant a lot of to me especially i can only read those news in english languages. Aja aja fighthings :-)

• bb ♥
      August 30, 2010 at 2:58 PM

harlow harlow joonbaby! much thanks for dropping by, and even more thanks for leaving us such encouraging words ^^

9. liezle
    August 30, 2010 at 1:05 PM

I can very well relate with you bb about Quilt. From time to time I still type the url wishing that the familiar page will come out.

Congratulations on this new blog.

I will try my best to quicken my ‘move’. Wish I can do it.

~liezle

• bb ♥
      August 30, 2010 at 2:56 PM

yea, liezle, so many months on, i too still type in quilt’s URL, hoping against hope that one day, the familiar orange-y site will appear before my eyes again^^ but i guess with so many months having gone by, it’s probably a fact that it’s gone…?

but i did try to check out about the domain name, seems like joanne(?) still owns it till end of this year. wonder if she’s OK to redirect all the visits over here…. *continues to wonder*

10. jill
    August 30, 2010 at 4:22 PM

What a remarkable way to celebrate Yong-Joon’s birthday!
    Thank you so much princess bb and tomato for giving birth of this wonderful site for us English-speaking Bae-fans! Thanks much for your great sharing throughout the years! Indeed we’re all very sad about losing our beloved Quilt… however, will continue our love and support to wuri Yong-Joon and to each other, no matter what. Again, from the bottom of my heart, nomu nomu Gamsahamnida!! You ladies Jjang!! <3

11. bb ♥
    August 30, 2010 at 11:38 PM

hi hi jill! abit surprised to see you here, you must have stolen time from your domestic madness to come here^^ thanks for coming and thanks for the support.

it’s amazing how it’s been awhile since we all ‘met’ somewhere online, and yet i can still remember where you gals hail from, and some other little details. guess our bae journey is really quite a significant part of our lives, ya? to many of us, it was venturing out to somewhere unknown, since i believe many of us weren’t fans of anyone before that man came along^^

12. Seansean
    August 31, 2010 at 8:46 AM

Congratulation! I am so proud of you to do this new blog, really appreciates all the sharing news for BYJ.
    How can you do that so excellent job for us, I only can say thank you and I will always support you, when I come to your blog, I can read most update news for BYJ. Thanksssss.

• bb ♥
      September 1, 2010 at 12:30 AM

hi hi seansean! errr… don’t say ‘excellent’ too soon (^.^;) we’re only two days old and ain’t sure how well or how far we can go… but would appreciate all the patience, understanding and support from you gals. thanks for leaving us such kind words^^

13. CranberryJ
    August 31, 2010 at 2:31 PM

After ‘discovering’ BYJ back in 2004, it was Quilt that became my ‘home away from home’. It was a daily ritual to visit, to learn more about Yong Joon, to swoon over delicious and beautiful pics and where I was blessed to begin new beautiful friendships with some really beautiful baesisters! I hadn’t visited very often in the last couple of years (unfortunately or fortunately??!!!! discovered So Ji Sub & Song Il Gook) then when I did, Quilt was gone! It was a very sad moment and now, this wonderful website has emerged! Many thanks to bb & tomato for all your hardwork and bringing us together again! Congratulations!

• bb ♥
      September 1, 2010 at 12:38 AM

harlow harlow cranberryJ! ahhh, another familiar name! so nice and warm to be seeing all your names! it’s like we never really went away too far and too long!

• tomato99 ♥
      September 4, 2010 at 2:36 PM

hi, CranberryJ,
      it’s so nice to see you here, and all the familiar names.
      *hugs and kisses*

14. coco4byj
    September 5, 2010 at 9:56 AM

HI bb, tomato and ALL!!

Thanks so much for starting this site, I’m so glad!! I had a little trouble registering and logging on, but CJ came over and showed me what to do so here I am and it’s great to be here, and see so many names of sisters I’ve come to know and love over these past 6 years of loving our YJ-nim.

I do hope he’s enjoying flying below the radar — he was always so good at just simply disappearing, araso? But I hope he’ll come back to us sometime in the not too distant future….

Much love to you all,