hello, i am doing okay!!

dear bae family,

I am in Tokyo, I just want to leave a note to inform you that I am doing okay.

More than 27 hours have passed since the first earthquake. I am safe and cozy at home, afterquakes has been very quiet for couple hours.

My office is located at 26th floor of 35 stories building, when the earthquake came it was as though you are on a big swing or a rollercoaster. Even after the quake stops the swaying goes on for longer time, you get dizzy and feel bad.

All the elevators had stopped right after the first quake, i had to take the stairs to get out of the building. Luckily, the bus started moving at night, I was able to get back home from office just before 9pm.

Now, i am hearing advices to save electricity because we may lack electricity due to the accidents at nuclear plants in Fukushima.

I am one of the lucky ones at this miserable time.

I pray for the people in tohoku area and others still struggling in other parts of Japan.

Thank you very much for all your concern and prayers.

I am so touched to feel all the love from bae family.

love

tomato99 in Tokyo, JAPAN

Hirahara Ayaka – Jupiter

Lyrics: Yoshimoto Yumi
Music: G. Holst

English trans by: quartet4

Every day I listen to my heart
I am not alone
We’re connected deep within our hearts
The shining stars transcend endless time
And show us what a miracle our meeting was

Every day I listen to my heart
I am not alone
Embraced in the will of this universe

What can I do with these two hands?
I softly close my eyes and reach out to pain
What’s sadder than losing your dream
Is not being able to believe in yourself

If loneliness exists to teach love
Then nothing happens without a reason

Listen to the sound of your heart’s silence

If you call me, I’ll go wherever you are
And make those tears of yours mine

I embrace myself now
And feel the warmth of life

None of us are alone
We’ll always be loved for who we are
Live as you wish for the shining future
I’ll sing for you forever

11 comments for “hello, i am doing okay!!

1. guapa
    March 12, 2011 at 11:39 PM

Dear Tomato99,

My prayers are with you and your countrymen. I also have family living in Japan (Tokyo) and although a bit “shaken”, they are quite ok. May God continue to keep you safe and strong especially in the difficult task of rebuilding your nation.

2. orange
    March 13, 2011 at 4:22 AM

I am glad to hear you are OK. I hope all the Bae family in Japan is as fine as you are. My thoughts and prayers are with you and all the people in Japan.

3. Josephine Pasricha
    March 13, 2011 at 5:12 AM

Dear Tomato and Baesis in Japan:
    Greetings on a new day.
    We are sending you positive thoughts and Light through all these difficult times. May you find a “safe and happy place”.
    With empathy and unconditional positive regard.
    josephine pasricha

4. Lucy1312
    March 13, 2011 at 7:18 AM

Hi Tomato
    I am happy to hear that you are OK. hope all the Bae family in Japan is save as you are

5. khjphl
    March 13, 2011 at 7:53 AM

Dear Tomato, I didn’t know you’re from Japan….Well, I am just relieved you are left unharmed.

These all shall pass, and we will continue to hope and pray for your continuous safety and Japan’s quick recovery.

Take care, as well as all Bae sisters out there!

6. americanajumma
    March 13, 2011 at 8:55 AM

Dear Tomato,
    Very happy to hear you are ok. People all over the world are praying for Japan. My heart is heavy for your nation. You and your countrymen are in my prayers.

7. summer2010
    March 13, 2011 at 9:18 AM

I’m glad you are doing well!
    I read Japan is the best-prepared country in the world for earthquake. Thanks to the high-standard of building code, lots of lives were saved.
    The whole world is with you. Best wishes!

8. Lady_D
    March 13, 2011 at 2:17 PM

Dear Tomato,
    I`m happy you are okay!!!
    My prayer`s are with you & Japan during this terrible time.
    I know it will take year`s to recover. Take Care Dear Bae-sister!
    Loves,

9. rukbyj
    March 13, 2011 at 6:00 PM

Dear Tomato,

I’m glad to hear that you’re OK.
    May God bless all our dear Japanese sisters
    and their familes.

Please take care,

10. ivory
    March 14, 2011 at 3:42 AM

Dear Tomato,

I am relieved to hear you and other Baesis are doing okay, but sad to see such a disaster happened to Japan. Hope everything will be recovered soon.

All Baesis and family, please take care.